Oral and maxillofacial surgery is specialty that deals with diagnosis and surgical or operative management of disease, disorders, injuries and any abnormal conditions of oral and facial region with restoration of anatomy, function and aesthetics. It’s a specialized branch of medical science that that comes under super specialty of dental science. Separate department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery was established in 2011 as major subject of undergraduate academic program of bachelors of dental surgery(BDS) in Chitwan Medical College, since then it has been involving in educating undergraduates regarding the subject and also providing specialized service to the public in the subject.
Goals and objectives.
• Teach basic principle of oral and maxillofacial surgery
• To manage the patient of maxillofacial surgery
• To develop competency in dental surgeons to perform minor oral surgical procedures
• To Create an atmosphere of continual learning and progressive development of judgment
• To Contribute to the advancement of the specialty by developing specialist program
• To engage in research
• To provide excellent patient care
• To upgrade knowledge, attitude and practice in field of oral and maxillofacial surgery.